The ACCP Foundation was originally founded in 1981 as the ACCP Research Institute. Its role as the philanthropic
arm of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) has since transformed, expanding its focus beyond research
alone to fully reflect ACCP’s mission and the interests of today’s 18,000 members. In doing so, the Foundation has
established itself as the leading charitable organization committed to advancing clinical pharmacy research, scholarship,
and practice—and ultimately, bettering human health.
Your support today will amplify our shared commitment to improving patient outcomes.
Establishing our Roots
Our long history of success, first as the Research Institute and now as the Foundation, in developing competitive researchers
and scholars is evidenced by our record of funding research grants, research fellowships, and investigator
One of the few early sources supporting research fellowship training and clinical research, the Foundation now offers a
prudent cohort of researcher development programs:
Funding and training researchers at all stages of professional development remains a Foundation priority—one that requires
continual financial support.
Expanding our Mission
The Foundation aims to nurture the full spectrum of today’s ACCP membership, which includes practitioners, educators, residents, and students, in addition to researchers. We have ambitious plans to broaden our portfolio of activities to include:
- Student internships and summer experiences that expose pharmacy students to research and other professional career opportunities early in the academic curriculum.
- Professional development opportunities (mini-sabbaticals/traineeships) involving specialized, advanced, and emerging areas of clinical practice.
- New requests for applications (RFAs) in expanded Foundation priority areas for students, trainees, and junior investigators.
- Increased grant opportunities for mid- and senior-career investigators.
- Innovative research training programs, including sponsored fellowships.
- Expanded grant priority areas focused on clinical education and training, specialty certification, clinician burnout, and practice advancement.
- New training programs and grants focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Scaling up our programs is essential to advancing ACCP’s mission to enhance patient care. But we cannot do it without your help.
The Impact of ACCP Member Support
Derived from the Foundation’s strategic priorities, our goal to increase giving from $100,000 to $500,000 annually
calls for renewed generosity from you, our 18,000 ACCP members, who understand how vital clinical pharmacy is to patient outcomes.
Your investment in today’s clinical pharmacy professionals—directly supporting excellence in research, practice,
and education—generates long-term benefits for patients and society at large.
As we build innovative, sustainable, and cutting-edge programs to advance patient care, we invite you to
make a gift to the Foundation at a level that is comfortable for you. Only with our
collective commitment will we accomplish significant progress towards improving human health.
Improving Human Health by Supporting Research, Scholarship, and Practice