2023 ACCP Foundation Futures Grants:
Mentored Developmental Research Awards
2023 ONLINE APPLICATION OPENS: May 15, 2023
2023 APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 1, 2023
2023 AWARD DECISIONS ANNOUNCED: November 15, 2023
The ACCP Foundation Frontiers Fund supports pharmacy researcher development and pharmacy research advancement.
Through the Foundation's Futures Grants program, the Foundation Board of Trustees is especially
interested in supporting the development of research skills among student,
trainee, and early-career ACCP members with a goal of establishing
sustained interest and careers in pharmacy research.
All students, trainees, and junior investigators who are members
of ACCP are encouraged to apply. Futures Grants may range from $5,000 to $40,000,
depending on the applicant's eligibility and the proposal’s requisite budget. Up to $100,000 in mentored, developmental research awards
will be granted through the Futures Grants Program in 2023.
Eligibility to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the required online eligibility form before beginning to prepare a full application. The eligibility tool will guide potential applicants to either the student/resident or junior investigator application. Applicants ineligible for the awards will also be appropriately advised.
Junior Investigator Research Awards
Preference will be given to individuals who have not been awarded significant peer-reviewed extramural funding as the principal investigator, but whose prior experience, career plans, and current professional environment indicate their potential to become successful, independent investigators.
Junior investigators are ACCP members who meet the following criteria:
Student & Resident Research Awards
- a fellow, associate, or full member in good standing at the time of the application due date (September 1, 2023), and
- at the time of the application due date (September 1, 2023) are in a full-time professional appointment and less than 6 years since completion of education and training, or
- at the time of the application due date (September 1, 2023) are in a fellowship training program.
Preference will be given to individuals whose prior experience, career plans, and letters of support indicate an aptitude for research, interest in formalized research training, and a career path with a significant research component.
Student and resident investigators are ACCP student or resident members in good-standing who at the time of the application due date (September 1, 2023) are in a:
- Pharm.D., or a dual Pharm.D./Graduate degree program, or
- Graduate degree program started immediately following earning an entry-level pharmacy degree (i.e., enter a graduate degree program within 6 months of earning entry-level pharmacy degree), or
- Professional pharmacy degree program outside the U.S., or
- Pharmacy residency training program.
Futures Grants Online Application (including eligibility tool)