2019 ACCP Foundation Futures Grants:
Mentored Developmental Research Awards
ONLINE APPLICATIONS DUE: May 15, 2019
The ACCP Foundation Frontiers Fund supports pharmacy researcher development and pharmacy research advancement.
Through the Foundation's Futures Grants program, the Foundation Board of Trustees is especially
interested in supporting the development of research skills among student,
trainee, and early-career ACCP members with a goal of establishing
sustained interest and careers in pharmacy research.
All students, trainees, and junior investigators who are members
of ACCP are encouraged to apply. Futures Grants may range from $5,000 to $40,000,
depending on the applicant's eligibility and the proposal’s requisite budget. Up to $100,000 in mentored, developmental research awards
will be granted through the Futures Grants Program in 2019.
Eligibility to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the required online eligibility form before beginning to prepare a full application. The eligibility tool will guide potential applicants to either the student/resident or junior investigator application. Applicants ineligible for the awards will also be appropriately advised.
Junior Investigator Research Awards
Preference will be given to individuals who have not been awarded significant peer-reviewed extramural funding as the principal investigator, but whose prior experience, career plans, and current professional environment indicate their potential to become successful, independent investigators.
Junior investigators are ACCP members who:
Student & Resident Research Awards
- are in a full-time professional appointment and for whom it has been less than 6 years since completing their education and training at the time of the application due date (May 15, 2019), or
- are in a fellowship training program at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2019).
Preference will be given to individuals whose prior experience, career plans, and letters of support indicate an aptitude for research, interest in formalized research training, and a career path with a significant research component.
Student and resident investigators are ACCP members who at the time of the award funding (September 15, 2019):
2019 Junior Investigator App Instructions
2019 Student Resident App Instructions
- are in a Pharm.D. or dual Pharm.D./Graduate degree program, or
- are in a graduate degree program that they entered immediately post-Pharm.D. (graduate degree students are not eligible for a student award if they have completed fellowship training, or have held an academic/professional appointment before returning to graduate school), or
- attended professional pharmacy degree program outside the United States., or
- are currently in a pharmacy residency training program.
Futures Grants Online Application (including eligibility tool)