The Mentored Research Investigator Training Program is designed to assist pharmacists with developing the abilities necessary to conduct investigator-initiated research, either independently as a principal investigator or as an active co-investigator within a research team. Positioned between the Research and Scholarship Certificate Program and the Focused Investigator (FIT) Program, the MeRIT Program seeks candidates who are pharmacy faculty or practitioners with limited research experience who:
- are committed to incorporating research into their professional careers,
- want to generate research themes or obtaining preliminary data for larger funding opportunities,
- wish to be active principal or co-investigators within a research team, and
- can commit at least 10% effort to research.
MeRIT is a 2-year longitudinal program that uses a combination of live and virtual teaching and mentoring methods to provide trainees with the support and education they need throughout the research experience (i.e. from idea to publication). The next cohort of investigators will begin the program June 3 - June 7, 2024 on the campus of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy in Omaha.
Informational Conference Calls
Calls will be scheduled for Q&A about the Mentored Investigator Training (MeRIT) program during January and February 2024.
2024 Due Dates:
‣ February 28, 2024 - Letter of Intent to attend due (instructions in application)
‣ March 31, 2024 - Full applications due
2024 MeRIT Brochure
‣ 2024 MeRIT Brochure
2024 MeRIT Application
‣2024 MeRIT Program Application
Past MeRIT Participants
‣ Past MeRIT Participants